Brighter Lamps for a Happy Home
Lighting is an essential element in creating the mood of our home, yet too often, people are left “in the dark” when choosing their lighting.
A simple lamp can change the entire look and feel of a room. Here are a few simple tips that can help you choose the correct lighting for your home,
• Choose lighting that is apt to the activities that the room is dedicated to (reading, food preparation, hobby work, grooming, laundry, homework, etc.).
• Identify the mood or ambience that you wish to create in the chosen space.
• Consider any decorative elements you wish to emphasize, such as home accessories or wall textures.
• Look for areas with dark wall colors and finishes. These areas soak up more light than those with lighter finishes, making it necessary to choose aptly.
• While choosing lamps, focus on the lampshades you choose,
– Dark shades create ambience and drama
– White and cream shades diffuse light
– Opaque shades give off a soft glow and translucent shades offer more light.
• Installing dimmer switches on your light fixtures saves energy and also allows toning down lighting.
• Save the earth and your money each time you turn on the lights by using dimmable light-emitting diode (LED) and compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs.
• Use lighting sources like table lamps, hanging lamps, chandeliers to give an added effect to your home.
• Don’t fear colors while choosing lights, colored lights can also help highlight the key areas of the house.
Choosing lights wisely can change the look and feel of a room largely, check out our awesome collection of lamps here http://bit.ly/1hdqr18 and make your home a brighter place.